Angelus

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Evaluation Question 6


6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During this process of making and designing our opening film, I have come across some pieces of technology that I have never used before, I have never used a Apple Mac before this process started, and now i know how it functions and hoe to operate it correctly. Plus new software which I have never used before, such as Final cut, I have used editing software before on a Windows PC but never on a Mac so it took time to getting used to, but after a while I managed to get the hang of it.

Final Cut:
The main bulk of editing was done on Final cut express, and at the start of this process I had no idea how to edit on this particular software. I used to use Windows Movie Maker before, and there was a massive transition between the 2 software's. I managed to learn how to use this software effectively after one lesson, The only things I did on Final Cut was cut and move clips around, the main bulk of effects came from another software which I will move onto now.



























After Effects CS4/CS6:
After effects is a very powerful effects editor, which is where most of my effects and titles were created. I have an in depth knowledge of this software before the process began, this is because I used to have a YouTube channel were I showed tutorials of how to edit and show how to design effects. So by me knowing this software before the process I would say that it gave me an advantage, because everyone else was not to familiar with the effects software. When designing out titles for our film opening I was told to use Live-type, which is text effect generator, but I found using after effects a lot easier to use due to my past experience with the software. And the picture on the right is the user interface for the after effects software. Another good part of using after effects was that I have it on my home PC and so I could work on the film opening from my home.



Operating System and Interface Used:
The systems I used during this process was an Apple Mac computer at sixth form which I was very new to and had to learn all of the new keys and shortcut keys on it. At home when i was editing I used a Windows PC with the needed editing software's on it. When at sixth form using the Mac I found that i worked slower than at home, this is because it took me a while to get used to the new system, But when I was at home editing I was working a lot quicker and more productive.






Garage Band:
Garage band was the software I used to construct my soundtrack from scratch with, I was new to this software as well, and I was taught by the technician on our sixth form and after knowing what to do with the software I created the soundtrack, and managed to export it correctly into Final Cut and as you can see from my final edit it worked perfectly.






Blogger: 
Blogger was a vital part of my media product, because this is where all of my research planing editing came together and in my opinion was a very good decision to allow us to use this service to present all of our data that we have collected. I was new to blogger and took me 2 weeks to full understand how the service works. On my blog my movie is always at the top of the blog this is so it is easy for someone to see the film instantly, instead of filtering through all of the other information.







The only pieces of equipment we need was a tripod and our Cannon camera, these worked well when we were out in London, the only issue we had was the Camera's battery life, near the end we had to pick up the pace because the battery was going to run out. But other than that minor issue i was pleased with the equipment we were given.









No comments:

Post a Comment